Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A couple of cards




Here are some cards I made last night.

This is first one is a birthday card for Cheron, my sister. I used Taylor's Cupcake sketch from last friday. I really like this sketch; it's nice and versatile.


Paper is Reminisce and the stamp is Inque Boutique. I stippled on Old Paper Distress Ink on all layers and roughed up the edges. I tied on some rafia and added orange brads. Funny story on the rafia...I had it on the couch the other night as I was finishing up the centerpiece for my daughter's birthday (more on that later). I was too tired to pick it up and put it back in my scrap area. When John, my DH, came home, he thought it was hay (why would I have hay in the house??) and threw it away. Luckily, I found a lone piece in my stash.

The other card is for a wedding this weekend. The paper is from the new Martha Stewart line at Wal-Mart. Love the patterns. Stamp is Always from SU! I stamped it in Basic Gray and then added clear embossing powder all over the image. I glued each of those pearls on by hand because I was worried they would go crooked if I kept them on the string. Of course, then my sentiment was crooked! Oh well....

No comments: